Brean Strategic Advisors supports Fortune 100 companies, including six money center banks, global insurers and asset managers and their outside counsel, which include AmLaw 100 firms and prestigious litigation boutiques, with complex litigation. We are tapped to source and support testifying experts, marshal quantitative support for motion practice, prepare demonstratives, host and analyze electronic discovery and prepare analytics to substantiate a strong negotiating posture in mediation. In securities litigation, we are called upon to calculate damages under Section 11, Section 12 and Blue Sky securities laws.
Increasingly, Brean Strategic Advisors is called upon in complex litigation across industries to house and perform analyses across large data sets. Brean Strategic Advisors can ingest a client’s database, whether maintained in Oracle/Microsoft SQL or Access, SAS, or spreadsheets, among other formats, and field client questions about the commonality and numerosity of a class, or estimated damages. We can also isolate and segment transactions and prepare data for regulators. Brean Strategic Advisors’s proprietary DOX e-Discovery solution is particularly adept at dealing with spreadsheet and other quantitative production. Our data scientists leverage DOX to redact spreadsheets, prepare exhibits and demonstratives and help our clients Bates stamp, image and produce large volumes to regulators and/or opposing counsel.
Brean Strategic Advisors has also carved out a role on the litigation team as a market practitioner resource available to clients who can field questions from counsel and:
- Demonstrate client practices are consistent with market protocol, best practices in the relevant market;
- Ascertain the extent of management awareness of alleged fraud and timing of specific manager’s awareness;
- Mine the production for spreadsheets with the relevant underlying data;
- Track the evolution from early spreadsheets and models to final reporting by a combination of emails and spreadsheets; and,
- Refute allegations of fraud.